While looking for all the other gulls mentioned this week, I found a Laughing Gull on the main beach at Port Stanley at 10 am this morning. It was a definitive basic, with some streaking on the head, fairly large black beak with a little coloring at the end, but no white showing on the primaries when sitting.

There were some joggers and dog walkers who scattered all the gulls, so I last saw it heading out into the lake with thousands of other gulls.

At first I thought I had the Franklin's but seeing my photos convinced me it was a Laughing Gull.
A photo will be submitted to OFO web site.

There was at least one Little Gull as well.

Directions: Take the Highway 4 exit from 401 and follow Highway 4 until it ends at the traffic lights in Pt. Stanley. Turn right onto Bridge St. Go across the lift bridge and turn left onto William St. which will take you to the beach.

--
Mike Nelson
London, Ontario