I spent yesterday Sept. 15 at Presqu'ile Provincial Park in Brighton.
Shorebirding was quite productive along the beaches, with AMERICAN
GOLDEN-PLOVER (5), BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER (14), SANDERLING (11) being the most
common species.  A juvenile RED KNOT was feeding with several BLACK-BELLIED
PLOVERS, and one PECTORAL SANDPIPER flew past the beaches.  A pair of AMERICAN
KESTRELS stirring things up around the protected area on Beach 4.

On Gull Island I found BAIRD'S (8), LEAST (12), and SPOTTED (1) SANDPIPERS, and
more BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS (3).  There was also a single WHIMBREL near the
western side of the island.  A large flock of at least 50+ AMERICAN PIPITS
contained a single HORNED LARK, and both a juvenile NORTHERN HARRIER and a
MERLIN patrolled the island.

I ended the day with a walk through the Marsh Boardwalk, where I heard and saw
MARSH WRENS (3), VIRGINIA RAILS (2), and RUSTY BLACKBIRDS (8) feeding in the
shallows around the reeds.

Pat

DIRECTIONS: Presqu'ile Provincial Park is located in Brighton.  Take the
Brighton exit from the 401; the park is well signed from the highway.