Hi birders!
It's been an exciting week at Point Pelee with several major
construction/improvement projections launching in earnest. Currently, the
floating section of the Marsh Boardwalk is being removed and replaced, as it
the Tip road and the Visitor Centre parking lot. These projects are expected to
be completed by early December and there will be limited access to these parts
of the park.

Starting Monday, October 25, the park will be closed to all visitor traffic
(including foot traffic) south of DeLaurier to ensure public safety while the
work goes on. We will continue to assess the situation and as things progress,
we while update you further.  The Visitor Centre and Nature Nook Gift store
will also be closed, however staff will still be reachable at their extensions.
 There will be an update at the end of the week regarding next weekend. We
apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. Please don't hesitate to
contact the park at 519-322-2365 if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks
for your patience!

Good birding everyone!
Sarah

Sarah Rupert