Please excuse the use of Ontbirds for this announcement but I felt the
birding community should be advised.

The federal Minister of Finance, the Hon. Jim Flaherty, will be making an
important announcement on changes to support improved protection for
conservation lands - it will become easier for organizations to protect
sensitive environmental habitat here in Canada.

The announcement will be taking place at Thickson's Woods this Friday
October 29 at 8:30 AM.  We hope you will be able to take some time that
morning to attend the public event.

We are asking all local naturalists and organizations to join us at
Thickson's Woods to show your support of conservation initiatives.  We want
to encourage the federal government to continue with future positive policy
changes that will lead to more protection of natural areas like Thickson's
Woods.

If you can attend, Thickson's Woods is located at the foot of Thickson Road
in Whitby. Please park on Thickson Road.

John Stirrat

Scarborough