The Cave Swallow movement continued at Long Point today with the tally by noon
standing at 21 at our Old Cut station and the Tip station reporting 24 to that
point. The bulk of the movement appears to have peaked here yesterday. The
final tallies were 147 at Old Cut, 105 at the Tip and one here at BSC
headquarters along with the handful that Matt Timpf reported at Port Rowan
harbour last evening.

The crew at the Tip of Long Point also banded a female Spotted Towhee
yesterday. Today they banded two of the Cave Swallows flying around the garden
there.

The impressive diurnal migration continued unabated today. During a three hour
migration watch that I conducted at Old Cut, I counted 15 Cave Swallows, 4680
American Robins, 65 Eastern Bluebirds, 800 Horned Larks, 220 Cedar Waxwings,
750 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 2500 American Goldfinches, 500 Purple Finches, 300
Pine Siskins, and 45 meadowlarks.

Sometimes it pays to stay out of the office.

To read all about the impressive migration this week at Long Point, check out
the LPBO Sightings Board at
www.bsc-eoc.org/longpoint/index.jsp?targetpg=lpbosight