Ontbirds subscribers,

At 1:10 I found the Pacific Loon out in the lake again far offshore from the
empty lot to the west of my house (330 Crystal Beach Blvd.). It was almost 2/3
of the way to the horizon, and diving frequently. There were several more
easily seen Common Loons closer in than the Pacific Loon was.

In addition, for the past couple of weeks there has been a Barred Owl hanging
around my house. This afternoon it has been hanging around behind my sheds
along the path on the southern limit of Thickson's Woods. I think the Great
Horned Owl keeps it chased to the perimeter of the woods.

To reach the lake off Thickson's Woods, exit Hwy 401 at exit 412 and proceed
south on Thickson Rd. S. to the terminal cul-de-sac at the Waterfront Trail.
Park here and walk further south on Thickson Road, right to the lake. The
unsigned private road that runs east from Thickson Rd. is Crystal Beach Blvd.
Thickson's Woods is north of the homes on this road.