Ontbirders,

Ross Snider and I saw a Great Egret this morning in the pond adjacent to the
Embro Conservation Area. This bird was 1st found by Stefan Labonte on the 4th
and provides Oxford with a latest ever record and our 2nd Dec. record.

The Egret can easily be seen from Road 84, at the north end of the lake. I also
had two Common Redpolls fly-over, the 1st locals of the fall.

Directions - From 401, take exit 222 to Road 6 north to Embro. Drive 1km north
to Road 84, turn west on 84 and proceed about 400 m to the CA, on the south
side
of the road.

Cheers,
 James Holdsworth, Biological Consulting Services
14 Marian St,
RR#1 Woodstock, On, N4S-7V6
[519]537-2027
[519]535-8760 [cell]