Oops. I was half asleep when I sent the email this morning. There is no varied thrush in Deep River....it's at that other location.

I'll take this opportunity to give more detail about the Hawk Owl. Pretty much as you drive into town along hwy 17, scan the wires on the left side. The owl spent a lot of time perched there hunting. This is before the lights. Thanks.

W. Hum
www.pbase.com/golfpic
Directions:
From Ottawa, take 417 west and continue on hwy 17 into town of Deep River. Deep River is roughly 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Ottawa.

ONTBIRDS is presented by the Ontario Field Ornithologists - the provincial birding organization.