Hello birders,
finally had an opportunity to go to Sarnia Bay and thankfully saw the
Black-legged Kittiwake originally reported on Tuesday. It was very close to
the "beach" (right by the children's playground).
I arrived there at about 12:45 and stayed about 30 minutes.
Barely further out on the ice covered bay, still within good view, was a
large flock of resting gulls (Herrings and Ring-billeds and 2 Great
Black-backeds), among them 2 adult Glaucous Gulls, 2 adult Lesser
Black-backed Gulls. Out in the open water was a large flock of Redheads with
some Canvasbacks. By the time I completed this quick scan I went back to the
kittiwake to discover it had left and was nowhere to be seen (but I could
not spend any more time).

Directions:
"Sarnia Bay:  In Sarnia along Front St.  Near the foot of London Rd. there
is a parking lot in which you can view the south end of the Bay where the
kittiwake was.  London Rd. is a main E/W artery in Sarnia."

Paolo Viola,
Sarnia.