On the morning of January 22 I was happy to be leading 6 carloads of
Durham Field Naturalists on a bird feeder tour. By chance we came upon
40+ Bohemian Waxwings alongside Sideroad 4, just north of Concession
8, in north Pickering--they were actively feeding and chittering in
the shrubs and small trees. Sideroad 4 is 2 roads west of LakeRidge
Rd.
A very active set of feeders at 2661 Sideroad 16 had 9 bird species,
including Pine Siskin, House Finch and both Nuthatches. Traveling east
from Brock Rd. along Conc.5 turn south at the first road--Sdrd.16-- go
south to 2661.
A light morph Rough-legged Hawk was seen above Westney Rd. north of Conc.7.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON