This afternoon Dr. Henry Barnett, Ian Barnett and Andrea Barnett visited the
Ravenshoe Flats in hopes of finding the reasonably regular female Snowy Owl
seen there yesterday.
She was seen flying to a low hummock east of the orange and white buildings of
the Best Asian Farms complex north of Ravenshoe Road.  As we continued to watch
the bird, Ian, who had located the first owl in flight, spotted a male Snowy
Owl fly into the same general are but settle behind the dike that runs along
the north edge of the farm field.  We did see the female in flight as she moved
closer to Ravenshoe Road, but we could not re-locate her after that.
There was a small flock of Snow Buntings moving between the Best Asian Farms
lane and Ravenshoe Road.
A Northern Shrike was seen on 2nd Concession East Gwillimbury (Main Street
north of Newmarket Ontario), just a few hundred metres north of the Queensville
Sideroad.
The area can be reached by taking the 404 north to its terminus at Green Lane
and going west to Leslie St. and then north to Ravenshoe Road.  At Ravenshoe
and Leslie turn left, west and go down into the flats and keep a sharp eye out
for the owls which maybe on the ground, on utility poles or on buildings.
Kevin Shackleton