Marsh Monitoring Program Survey Contractor(s) Needed

Bird Studies Canada seeks one or more qualified individuals to conduct bird and
amphibian (frog and toad) surveys in Canadian Great Lakes coastal wetlands
within any of the following regions: eastern Lake Ontario, western Lake
Ontario, St. Clair River/Lake St. Clair/Detroit River, central Lake Huron/Bruce
Peninsula, southern Georgian Bay.

This contract is for approximately 80 hours of work between March 29, 2011 and
July 15, 2011. Work tasks include attending a 1-day protocol training meeting
at Bird Studies Canada HQ (travel expenses covered), locating/establishing  and
georeferencing survey stations using GPS, conducting amphibian and wetland bird
surveys where required, and uploading data to an online database. Surveys will
occur at approximately five distinct wetland sites within any of the above
regions.

Bird surveys will occur during early morning and/or evening hours; amphibian
surveys will occur following sunset. Boat/canoe access may be required for
certain wetlands, while others may be accessed on foot. Survey materials (e.g.,
survey forms, bird call broadcast CD, protocol instruction manuals) will be
provided. Participation with a partner/assistant is strongly recommended.
Eligible candidates must be able to identify wetland bird species by sight and
sound, and be able to identify frog and toad species by sound; must be
comfortable walking near or around wetland habitats; must have access to, and
skills required to use, personal watercraft (e.g., canoe, kayak); must provide
own binoculars; and must be available to conduct surveys when date and
weather/temperature conditions are appropriate. Some monetary reimbursement for
mileage and travel time will be provided.

For other payment details and additional information, please contact Ryan
Archer, Aquatic Survey Programs Coordinator, Bird Studies Canada at
1-888-448-2473 ext. 168 (toll-free) or rarc...@birdscanada.org

Sincerely,
Kathy Jones
Ontario Volunteer Coordinator

(Canadian Lakes Loon Survey)

Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160, Port Rowan ON   N0E 1M0
Toll Free: 1-888-448-2473 ext. 124  Fax: 1-519-586-3532
E-mail: volunt...@birdscanada.org

Web Page: www.birdscanada.org

Understand  Appreciate  Conserve

See Avian Conservation and Ecology http://www.ace-eco.org/ for a special
features on Aerial Insectivores

>From time to time, BSC may send you information regarding our programs,
>special issues, membership, and other correspondence. If you would prefer not
>to receive this information, please contact us by mail at the address above or
>e-mail rkir...@bsc-eoc.org. Thank you.
Au cours de l'année, Études d'Oiseaux Canada envoie de la documentation
concernant ses programmes, ses activités ou autres. Si vous désirez ne pas
recevoir cette information, faites-nous parvenir un message par la poste ou par
courrier électronique à rkir...@bsc-eoc.org.