This morning at 10:15AM I was able to pick out single GLAUCOUS and LESSER
BLACK-BACKED GULLS, both in adult plumages, sitting on the ice at the Moodie
Drive quarry pond.  Half a dozen GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULLS were also present, as
were good numbers of AMERICAN HERRING GULLS and RING-BILLED GULLS.  The first
RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS I've seen this season were singing along the roadside.

DIRECTIONS: The quarry pond is located on Moodie Drive between Cambrian and
Barnsdale Roads.  Access is prohibited, as this is an active quarry, but the
birds mentioned can be seen with a scope from a small pull-off alongside the
road.