Hello Ontbirders
The waterfowl viewing at Presqu'ile continues to be excellent. Today we
observed 20 species of waterfowl including a male Eurasian Wigeon which was
seen at 1:15pm from Bayshore Drive just north of house #18. There were 3 winter
plumage Red-throated Loons off Owen Point and along with a lone Tree Swallow
feeding over the lake. On High Bluff Island 14 Double-crested Cormorant and 9
Great Blue heron were seen and 2 Iceland Gull were observed on Gull Island.  In
Presqu'ile Bay, 2500 + Redhead, 400+ Canvasback, along with 1000's of Greater
Scaup and 60+ Lesser Scaup were observed. Puddle duck numbers were low but we
did count 85+ American Wigeon, 28 Northern Pintail and 42 Gadwall.
Good birding, Bruce

Directions: Presqu'ile Provincial Park exit 401 south at exit # 509 follow the
signs to the park through Brighton (about 15 minutes).   Maps available at the
front gate.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca