Hi Everyone    I visited the winery at 1025 Ridge Road yesterday after a short
visit to the beamer hawk watch. No MOBL but there was a merlin at the back
perched in the scrubby area beyond the vineyard. Most likely a migrant. You
could probably see almost as many raptors here as you could at the beamer hawk
watch as it is right on the flight path.  There is to much snow on the ground
at the winery and the MOBL has probably gone somewhere else to feed. Hopefully
it will return when we get some warmer weather and some of the snow melts. I
put up a couple of temporary nest boxes at the back. I expect it will attempt
to nest with a male EABL somewhere in this area. Bill Read