I had quite a morning at the Ottawa International Airport, despite the passing
downpours.  Most of the sparrows are back on territory, including FIELD, SONG,
SAVANNAH, CHIPPING, WHITE-THROATED, and VESPER SPARROWS.  A BLACK-AND-WHITE
WARBLER was singing in the woods near the radar station off High Road.  Other
new arrivals included BROWN THRASHER (4), EASTERN KINGBIRD (1), HOUSE WREN (2),
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET (2), and sporadic flocks of RUSTY BLACKBIRDS (~80)
throughout the area.  Perhaps it was the high winds, but raptor activity was as
high as I've ever seen it at this location: SHARP-SHINNED HAWK, NORTHERN
HARRIER, RED-TAILED HAWK, AMERICAN KESTREL, and four BROAD-WINGED HAWKS were
all observed.

Also of interest was a GREEN HERON that flew across Leitrim Road on my way to
the Airport.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: From Hunt Club Road and Riverside Drive, follow Riverside for 4.5
kilometers.  Turn left onto Leitrim Road, then make a right onto Bowesville
Road.  There is construction here as the City is (apparently) widening the
road, so the turn off on Bowesville Road is no longer there.  Continue on
Bowesville Road, turning left onto Earl Armstrong Road.  At the end of Earl
Armstrong make a left and park at the end of High Road.