Not a great rarity, but a delight for me: this morning at about 11:00 a.m. I
found a Northern Mockingbird just inside the entrance to the reservoir on
Millard Street, east of 9th Line.   Also present were Cliff Swallows, a
Caspian Tern, Great Blue Heron, a single drake Gadwall and various totally
expected spp.

The reservoir is a kilometre or so east of 9th Line, north of the
Stouffville Sideroad, with the entrance just a few meters west of the rail
way crossing.   The mockingbird was the first bird I saw, in bushes to the
left, or west, of the path, just a few meters inside the gate.  There are
two paths...the long one, through the woods at the north end, was too muddy
for my footwear...the shorter circular path is about a fifteen minute easy
walk.

Barry

Barry Kent MacKay

Markham, Ontario, Canada