Just before noon today, my wife and I watched a Swainson's Hawk circling around and soaring over Presqu'ile Park before gliding off to the east. At first glance, the shape and the dihedral wings led to a quick tentative identification as a Northern Harrier, but as soon as the binoculars were on it the distinctive underwing pattern of an adult was clearly visible.

--
Fred Helleiner

186 Bayshore Road,
Brighton, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1H0
VOICE: (613) 475 5309 If visiting, access via Presqu'ile Provincial Park.