Five good hours this morning (7:00 am to noon) of good bird on a glorious
wind-free morning yielded a good cross section warblers and other spring
migrants.   19 warbler species: Tennessee: 10; Nashville: 16; Orange-crowned:
1; Northern Parula: 5; Yellow: 10; Chestnut-sided: 15; Magonilia: 5 (all
males); Cape May: 2; Blackburnian: 3; Black-throated Blue: 22; Black-throated
Green: 3; Yellow-rumped: 25; Palm: 2; Blackpoll: 1; Black-and-white: 4;
American Redstart: 10; Common Yellowthroat: 3; Ovenbird: 2; Canada Warbler: 1.
Bruce Wilkinson told he had the Blackpoll in the same area (the woody and
scrubby are along the east edge of the sports field) yesterday. Other notable
records: 1 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds; 2 Linocoln's Sparrows; 1 Philadelphia
Vireo; 1 Wood Thrush; equal numbers of White-throated and White-crowned
Sparrows (about 25 each). The first hour was fairly quite but when the sun came
out by 8:30 am all areas had evenly lots of bird activity. I manage to pick two
Bay-breasted Warblers at West Deane Park on my way up the campus.

Directions:
Suggesting parking on 13 Street south of Lakeshore Boulevard south and the take
the path which cuts into east park of campus (and the small and large 'bowl').

Wayne Renaud (289-828-0043)