Greetings!

It was a fine day at Rock Point today. We saw about a half dozen Red Knots
in Winter plumage. If you like Sanderlings: there were about 30 or so. Along
with Semi-Palmated Plovers, and a Black Bellied Plover. There were Least and
Semi Palmated Sandpipers, and a possible Baird's.

A nice touch was an adult Bald Eagle sitting in a tree off the highway near
Empire Corners on the way home.

Rock Point Provincial Park is south of Dunnville on the north shore of Lake
Erie. From Hamilton take highway 6, left before Caledonia, right on highway
56 and then left on highway three to Dunnville. Take the main street through
Dunnville and turn right on Niece Road for the park.

This, 42.840636,-79.544413, is where we saw the birds.

Cheers,

Bernie
http://www.newlight.ca
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berniemonette