Ontbirders,

Ross Snider and I made a quick check of the east end mudflats of Wildwood Lake
today and, even though shorebird numbers [250 + / -] and variety were
underwhelming, there remains 43 White-rumped Sandpiper [all holdovers from the
15th] - an absurd figure for mid September in Oxford. Our normal peak is mid
October, with September numbers usually in the single digits.

Other birds of note were a single Stilt Sand, 2 Bald Eagles and 4 Great Egrets.

To reach the lake, take CR 6 north from the 401 to CR 28. Go west through
Harrington and take the 1st right [31st Line] to the bridge.

Cheers,

James Holdsworth, Biological Consulting Services
14 Marian St,
RR#1 Woodstock, On, N4S-7V6
[519]537-2027
226-228-0093 [NEW][cell]