Hi Everyone
Today, September 30th, Ben and I spent the morning birding various sites in
Renfrew County including Lake Dore, Westmeath Provincial Park and Pembroke.
Overall a good morning despite the intermittent rain. Our first stop was at
Pembroke Marina where we observed the juvenile Parasitic Jaeger. We first saw
the jaeger as it was in hot pursuit of a Belted Kingfisher over the marina. The
jaeger spent most of its time sitting on sand flats at the mouth of Muskrat
River/Ottawa River. We also observed 5 American Golden-Plover. Along the Ottawa
River shoreline at Westmeath Provincial Park were found a juvenile Hudsonian
Godwit feeding in a flock of 35 Black-bellied Plover, 1 American Golden-Plover,
1 Baird's Sandpiper, 6 Semipalmated Plover, 3 Greater Yellowlegs and 3 Dunlin.
After searching the shoreline vegetation for a while we managed to see 2
Nelson's Sparrow. Later, at Lake Dore we counted 85+ Common Loon, 14 Red-necked
Grebe, 50+ Horned Grebe, and 75+ Bonaparte's Gull.
Good birding, Bruce and Ben

Directions: Lake Dore is located off Hwy 41 near Eganville/Golden Lake.
Pembroke Marina is located in the town of Pembroke at the end of Albert St.
Westmeath Provincial Park acess point is at the end of Sand Point Road off CR
12. Walk along shorlein for 1-2 kms south.  If you require additional
information, please email me privately.

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca