This post has been approved by the Ontbirds webmaster.

Check out the latest North American Birds for its stellar photo essay on the
four redpolls of Ontario's winter of 2010/2011! The magazine's front cover
is a superb portrait of a Hornemann's Hoary Redpoll by Brandon Holden and
the article is an excellent, readable overview of the ID features of the two
Common Redpoll subspecies and the two Hoary Redpoll subspecies, lavishly
illustrated with terrific photos by our own Brandon Holden and Michael
Butler.

The whole issue is stuffed with interesting material, including a discussion
of Nelson's and Saltmarsh Sparrows,thoughts on the occurrence of vagrants,
and of course all the Regional reports. Blake Mann's meticulous Ontario
report makes for a great read, as does the summary and analysis of data on a
continental level given by the Changing Seasons feature.

Which is all to encourage you to subscribe to this excellent publication.
Link to http://blog.aba.org/2011/10/north-american-birds-65.html to find out
more.
And, I hope, to consider a subscription if you don't have one already.

Margaret Bain
Ontario Regional Editor, North American Birds
mjcb...@sympatico.ca