From: geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu
[mailto:geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu] On Behalf Of Joshua Cain Stiller
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:39 AM
To: geneseebird...@geneseo.edu
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Razorbill - Fort Niagara

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to posting on birding on the net, but wanted to report a razorbill at
the mouth of the Niagara, near Fort Niagara.  While drifting near the coast
guard docks, a lone razorbill was diving near the boat for about an hour on
11/8 (I've been trying to figure out how to post on here since then!).  At one
point it swam to within 25 yards of the boat!

Also observed were some LTDUs, BUFF, and COLOs.

I didn't have a camera with me, but did catch this photo with my phone.
http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=748165&ppuser=35312

Josh

Joshua Stiller
Graduate Teaching Assistant
129 Illick - SUNY ESF
1 Forestry Drive, Syracuse, NY 13210
(716) 200-2353

"When a flock of bluebills, pitching pondward, tears the dark silk of heaven in
one long rending nose-dive, you catch your breath at the sound, but there is
nothing to see except stars. This same performance, in daytime, would have to
be looked at, shot at, missed, and then hurriedly fitted with an alibi." - Aldo
Leopold