After checking our home area for the past 2 weeks, our Red-shouldered Hawk
showed up yesterday morning at 0730. This is the  9th consecutive year that
this bird has appeared. He stays in this area for the entire winter and is
easily seen and photographed. This bird first appeared as an adult in 2003
which makes him at least 12 years old. I believe that is quite a long life
for a wild raptor.

            This bird is easily seen behind 3390 Broadway street in
Hawkesville ( appropriate eh!). this small town is located along the
Conestoga River northwest of Waterloo.

Jim Burrell