Around 10 am at my house in Carleton Place (50 km west of Ottawa)  (Herriott St
area) my wife spotted our first ever Red Bellied Woodpecker in the backyard!
He was soon gone, headed to warmer climes.  Herriott St is just off of the main
st of CP (Bridge St) which is the second set of lights as you arrive from
Ottawa on Hwy 7 you turn right, go through town, and over the bridge.  Herriott
St is the 3rd st after the bridge.

cheers

Iain CO DSBC(NC)