I got lots of very helpful feedback from birders and photographers on the
Possible?? Kriders I posted yesterday for Ottawa.  Thanks to all of you.  I am
no expert so I suspect it is just a very light immature Red Tail.  The only
other bird close was in several pics of the Kriders x Red Tail shown in an
article on Kriders that  Garry Sadler sent me which I have added as a short cut
below.  Thanks Garry for exposing me to the complexities involved.  So given my
lack of experience with this bird, i strongly suspect an immature Red Tailed.
I do have some excellent photos if any local experts want to see them and give
me a defintive answer.

Any way this is the joy of birding and learning!  Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year to all.

cheers

Iain

http://www.aba.org/birding/v42n2p38.pdf