Hi everyone

This is not a species I would normally report but it seems awfully late to see
a White Crowned Sparrow. I observed it for about 40 minutes today in my yard
(Orleans Ontario near Innes Road and Belcourt) as it moved from a pussy willow
( low hanging ) to a smoke bush and back to a cedar hedge. It was actively
feeding in the snow on  nyger seeds that were dropping from a finch feeder
(Goldfinches) above the willow  . I expect it will move on once tonight's snow
is done but I will keep checking just in case....I managed a few photos and
three can be seen starting here......

http://www.pbase.com/image/140578598

Good birding and happy new year to everyone..

Gary Fairhead