Hey Birders,

I had some work in the Strathroy area today. While working, I had a number of
interesting sightings. Most exciting was a Golden Eagle which appeared to be
hunting, near the intersection of Sylvan and Elm Tree Road's. It was observed
heading west, not too high up.

Other interesting sightings in this area included:
Red-shouldered Hawk - 1 bird perched along Hwy. 402 at km marker 78
Bald Eagle - 1 adult
Northern Harrier - 1
American Kestrel - 3
Red-tailed Hawk - 12
Rough-legged Hawk - 11 (all light morph's)
Ring-necked Pheasant - 1
Great Black-backed Gull - 1 adult in field at Hwy. 402 and Kerwood Road
Brown-headed Cowbird - flock of ~50
Northern Shrike - 4

The location of the GOEA is best gotten to, by exiting Hwy. 402 at Kerwood
Road. Take Kerwood north to Elm Tree, turn left. Heading west on Elm Tree,
Sylvan Road is 2/3 roads west of here. The Golden could be anywhere in the area.

For some distant and poor quality pics of the Eagle's check my blog out.
http://kenburrell.blogspot.com/2012/01/strathroy-golden.html

Good Birding,
Ken Burrell