Today Dave Purcell, Jeremy Hatt, Matt Timpf and I joined forces watching for
vultures from Queenston Heights looking out over the town of Queenston, NY.
After a period of just over an hour beginning 12:30pm we watched a total of 6
Turkey Vultures and 6 Black Vultures fly painstakingly closer to the Canadian
side of the river. Eventually 3 of the Blacks were seen to cross the river and
seen again further down over the Lewiston bridge with great views had by all. 3
of the Turkeys spent most of their soaring in Canadian airspace.

The California Gull was seen down amongst the rocks (American rocks
unfortunately) halfway between Sir Adam Beck and the Butterfly Gardens at one
of it's old haunts by Dave and I just before noon. We could not refind it late
afternoon despite much searching.

Directions: QEW to 405. Exit at last chance before boarder crossing and follow
signage to Queenston Heights (where the traffic circle is). There are two pull
off areas on the right hand side as you go downhill towards Niagara-on-the-lake.

Sent from my iPhone