1620 hrs, 3 March 2012
8th Conc and 115 Hwy
Orono, ON

A cloud of approx 125 Bohemian Waxwings decended upon the bushes in my backyard
and feasted on berries. The flock spooked three times, first re-landing in the
bushes, and then leaving in a north-easterly direction. They returned 2 minutes
later to finish off the berries like a bunch of piranha. The sound of that many
birds vocalizing was like a loud bunch of spring frogs or crickets!

Photos and video taken.

I can't guarantee a re-sighting, but here are the directions...

>From the 401, take the 35/115 north toward Peterborough, 10 or 12 km to the
>8th Concession at the Boatland RV dealership. Birds were east on the
>concession road approx 400m, before you get to Cooney.

Cheers!

Keith and Bethany Linton
Orono, ON.