Hi Ontbirders:

Took a drive out to the St. Isidore area this afternoon....east of Casselman
Although I wasn't looking for them, other birders there mentioned seeing up to
4 Snowy Owls in the fields along the Concession roads there.  The Varied Thrush
along Calypso Road in Limoges was also mentioned as being seen.

Although I did not see any Snow Buntings, quite a number of Horned Larks and
Lapland Longspurs were seen feeding along the concession roads surrounding Ste
Rose street.  What appears to be a dark morph Rough-Legged Hawk was also seen.
Not 100% positive on the ID but based on photos, that's what it appears to be.
Thanks.

PS.  Just for the record, a Northern Hawk Owl has been seen in the
Prescott-Russell area since mid-November.  I have been watching the owl since
January 2012.  The owl hasn't been seen for a couple of weeks although it could
still be in the area given the abundant open fields at the location.  These
owls usually leave some time in early March.

Northern Hawk owl photos.  Photos sent to OFO photo page along with dates seen.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/141759133/original

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/141836193/original

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/141865790/original

W. Hum
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/some_recent_shots

Directions:
For Snowy Owls, Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs, from Ottawa, take the 417
east to exit 58.  Turn left to Concession 20 and trun right onto it.  Continue
to Ste-Rose.  Check the fields along Concession 20 and the connecting
concession roads.