I just returned from seeing a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Civic Address 419,
Potter Road, just a km or so east of the village of Demorestville, in Prince
Edward County. The bird put on an excellent show for me, sometimes perched on
the utility wires just a few metres east of 419 Potter Road, other times
perched on a fence post where it would periodically hawk for insects, do a wide
circle around, and then return to its perch. The bird first appeared at 2:00
p.m. this afternoon, and is likely the same bird that was erroneously
identified as a swallow-tailed kite (but not reported) a few days ago on the
west side of the county.

Owner of the home, Marlene Bulpit says birders are welcome and there are no
other occupied homes in the immediate vicinity.

Directions: From Belleville, take Highway 62 for about 14 km south past
Mountain View and turn left onto C.R. 14  (Demorestville Road) directly across
from an abandoned service station. Follow C.R 14 east for 9 km to the Stop sign
in Demorestville, then proceed straight ahead through the village, and at the
next Stop sign, continue straight ahead on Potter Road to Civic Address 419.
>From Deseronto and points east, take the Quinte Skyway Bridge at Deseronto,
>and then an immediate right onto County Road 15 and follow to Demorestville.
>At the top of the Demorestville hill, turn left and follow to the next Stop
>sign, and then straight ahead onto Potter Rd.

- Terry Sprague

NatureStuff Tours & Things
www.naturestuff.net
23 Sprague Rd., R.R. # 1