Ontbirders :
Further to Rick's earlier posting, a Snowy Owl continues
to stay at the Blenheim Sewage Lagoons.  It has been here
for a few weeks now.  I saw it this afternoon.  It was sitting
in the open field, just East of the lagoon, on the Allison Sideroad.

It moves about in the general area, never far from the lagoons.
Today it was visible by car.  Sometimes you need to enter
the lagoon compound, and search the fields.

Our ponds are too high for anything but ducks, but shorebirds
are beginning to appear at the building sprinklers.

Permits are free, must be carried on site.

Easiest method to obtain permit is by email: See below:

Send your name; address; phone #; and request to:

can...@chatham-kent.ca

She will email your permit----You PRINT---and go!

Candy will give you the lock combination as well.

{She asks that you mention if this is a renewal permit]

Irene Woods-- CHATHAM-KENT

Directions to lagoons :

Directions; Blenheim is on #3 H [Talbot Rd]. in Chatham-Kent.
Take # 3 H West out of Blenheim, about 1 km.
You will see a car wash at the corner of Lagoon Rd.,
turn right [ North]. Go about 1/2 km. and you will see a small
locked gate [ see below]. Enter at this gate only.

Please park on the lagoon side of the road--only.