The beautiful scissor-tailed flycatcher is still present in Prince Edward
County. He has about half a dozen mostly low perches along the shore of Fish
Lake. Go to the old oak by the shore, then look for the flycatcher. He is
active and it is open enough that he is very visible.

Directions (thanks to Terry Sprague):

>From Belleville, take County Road 62 for about 14 km south past Mountainview
>and turn left onto County Road 14 (Demorestville Road) directly across from an
>abandoned service station. Follow County Road 14 east for 9 km to the stop
>sign in Demorestville, then proceed straight ahead through the village. At the
>next stop sign, continue straight ahead on Potter Road to #419.

>From Deseronto and points east, take the Qinte Skyway bridge at Deseronto
>(Highway 49) then an immediate right turn onto County Road 15 and follow to
>Demorestville. At the top of the Demorestville hill, turn left and follow to
>the next stop sign, then straight ahead to 419 Potter Road.

Either way: the flycatcher is in the field opposite 419. We have permission to
enter to field. There's a small open gate. Then walk down to the old oak near
the shore of Fish Lake.