From: Jean Iron <jeani...@sympatico.ca>
To: Ontbirds <birdalert@ontbirds.ca>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:27:37 PM
Subject: [Ontbirds] Long-billed Dowitcher - Scanlon Creek in Simcoe County

Today we went to Scanlon Creek Conservation Area north of Bradford in Simcoe
County to check out the shorebirds at the drawn-down reservoir with
extensive mudflats around the edges. We saw a Long-billed Dowitcher molting
into breeding plumage, along with about 14 Greater Yellowlegs and 6 Lesser
Yellowlegs also molting into breeding plumage. Please see link to photos and
how we identified it as a Long-billed Dowitcher.
http://www.jeaniron.ca/Shorebirds/2012/lbdscanloncr.htm

Directions to Scanlon Creek: From Bradford in Simcoe County east of Highway
400 go north on Simcoe County Road 4 (formerly Highway 11/Yonge Street) to
9th line. Turn right then left at CA sign and continue past the gate house
(no charge) to the main parking lot. Check the map near parking lot showing
the location of the reservoir. Then walk the trail  about 1 km following the
Kingfisher symbol.

Happy shorebirding,

Jean Iron and Ron Pittaway
Toronto ON