Hi Ontbirders,

Mike Runtz and I saw the colour-banded Piping Plover at water's edge between Beach 2-3 at Presqu'ile Provincial Park this morning. We also looked for the Harlequin Duck that Bill Gilmour found yesterday at Chatterton Pt., but had no luck despite excellent calm conditions - however it could well be elsewhere in the park. Otherwise a fair number of species around, although no big flight overnight and no other rarities.

Cheers,

Doug McRae

Directions: Presqu'ile is on the north shore of Lake Ontario, south of Brighton. It is well signed from Hwy 2 or the 401.