Folks,

This morning out at Goertimus Island (in Lake George, Echo Bay) I started the
morning with a Yellow Rail ticking a tune for me and shortly thereafter came
across a Nelson's (ST) Sparrow singing (as if on territory) in a patch of
Phragmites adjacent to a wet sedge meadow.  Shortly after this I noticed some
large shorebirds on a distance sandspit. As soon as I put the scope on them I
knew I was looking at Whimbrel (27 indiv). I managed to get some ok photos once
I moved in on them.

I met up with Kirk Zufelt on the island a bit later and together we found a
bunch more birds (including Western Sandpiper - posted earlier tonight).

Goertimus Island can be accessed only by watercraft from the end of Pumpkin
Point Rd which goes south off Hwy 17 -10 miles east of Echo Bay, Algoma

Later tonight I took my dog Max for a walk at Belleview Park and he helped me
find a Wilson's Phalarope in the small lagoon in the west corner.

Belleview Park is centrally located in Sault Ste. Marie, ON along Queen Street
off the end of Lake Street.

I had many other birds today (full list below).

Todays birds:
Common Loon 2
Pied-billed Grebe 2
DC Cormorant 30