The Old Timers Co-operative Big Year Team ranged widely through the area north
of Rainy River.  We entered the NCC property on Oak Grove Road near Oak Grove
Camp, but rain hampered our efforts to locate birds.  A visit to Oak Grove Camp
produced a Red-bellied Woodpecker, one of a pair in the area.  There are Purple
Martins in the Purple Martin house.
We went east on Wilson Creek Road from River Road and found 1 Sharp-tailed
Grouse on the road.  Ric Muise had his life LeConte's Sparrow about 300 metres
west of Hwy 600.
On Government Rd north of Byrnes Road where a ditch comes in from the east we
heard Lincoln's Sparrow.
We found Western Meadowlarks at Atwood #2 and Byrnes Rd.
We had 27 Sandhill Cranes in a field south of Byrnes Rd between Worthington #2
and #3.
We heard LeConte's Sparrow in the Sedge Marsh west of the end of Fred's Rd.
A tip from Dan Lee had us visit the Rainy River sewage lagoons where we found
75 Wilson's Phalaropes, 1 Red-necked Phalarope, 3 Semi-palmated Plovers, 4
Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper and many Least and Semi-palmated
Sandpipers.
Iain Wilkes, Ric Muise, Bruce Brydon and Kevin Shackleton