Good Evening All,
Earlier today, Jean and I were birding at Mud Lake Conservation Area in Port
Colborne. We hiked the Blue Heron Trail and nearing the conclusion of our walk
(approximately 4:30 PM) we heard the 2-noted call of a Sora coming from the
edge of the lake (below the trail). We then spotted the Sora walking through
the shallow water and along the logs near the edge of the lake.
At the start of the trails, turn left and head north on the Blue Heron Trail
approximately 50 metres to reach the spot where we observed the Sora. There
will be some fallen trees on the right. The Sora was seen in a sheltered pool
near these fallen trees.
Bob Highcock and Jean HampsonSt. Catharines, ON
Directions: