On the way home from Alberta Susan and I took a side trip to Rainy River area.
There are lots of Franklin's Gulls now on Lake of the Woods.  Take Hwy 600
north from Rainy River to Fishery Road into Harris Hill Resort.  From the dock
at the resort the gulls are numerous across the water on the spits of land in
the lake especially to the south west.  Thanks to Michael Dawber of RR, I have
the Franklin's for 2012!!

On to try and see the Dickcissels but no luck at Buriss and Noriss roads just
north of Delvin on Hwy 11/71.

Finally down the road to Shebandowan exit from Hwy 11 which is between Shabaqua
and Quetico Park.  Got a Three-toed Woodpecker because of Susan sharp eyes
which picked it up flying along the roadside.

cheers

iain