Hi Ontbirders    The Dickson Chimney Swift numbers dropped to 30 last night
from 462 a few days before.  At the end of the evening 7 exited the chimney and
did not re-enter. They must have gone to another roost close by as it was
almost dark. We are not sure if they have migrated or are using another roost.
Since we are not seeing very many they have probably moved further on.  We had
the largest numbers when they were feeding above this location on flying ants.
Numbers the last eleven days have been as follows Aug 17-422, Aug 18-417, Aug
19-431, Aug 20-384, Aug 21-443, Aug 22-447, Aug 23-462, Aug 24-261, Aug 25-325,
Aug 26-64, Aug 27-30. We started with 66 on August 1st. Thanks to everyone who
has been involved counting the swifts and whatever else flies by. Bill Read