Early this morning, Mark Jennings, Alan Wormington and I had 2 Nelson's
Sparrows at the Powassan lagoons. As far as we are aware these are a first for
Parry Sound District. If anyone knows otherwise let me know. They were along
the edge of the first cell on the right (east) in beggar's ticks along the edge
of the water.

We also had a juv and 2nd winter Lesser Black-backed Gull at the North Bay
dump. A first for Nipissing District?

The Powassan lagoons are north of town accessed from the southbound HWY 11.

The North Bay dump is about 20 km north of town. It is not signed well off the
highway but the entrance is at UTM 614880, 5150030. Drive east and the dump
will be after a km or so.

Josh Vandermeulen
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com