This morning at about 8:30 a.m. (October 11), we saw the adult Vega Gull at the
Tip of Point Pelee.

It arrived from the north along the east shore, landed briefly in the water at
the Tip, then flew over onto the "island" that is just slightly offshore from
the Tip.

As usual it landed on the left centre of the island, where it immediately was
out-of-view due to a sand ridge.  We never saw it again, but did not bother to
walk out to the extreme Tip to get a different angle.

The fact that it came in from the north might suggest that it is still visiting
Wheatley Harbour, the location where it was originally discovered on September
29.

Alan Wormington,
Leamington

Woman is 53 But Looks 25