This morning at 7:50 am I relocated the Western Grebe on the Ottawa River below
the DeschĂȘnes Rapids.  It was viewed from the Quebec side from the boat launch
at the end of Rue Houle where it was quite close to shore to the southeast.  It
was actively diving and, over the short time I observed it, it began to move
out into the River towards the Ottawa side, so may be visible from the Ontario
side at the DeschĂȘnes Lookout on the Ottawa River Parkway.

QC side:  cross the Ottawa River to Quebec on the Champlain Bridge, turn left
on Lucerne at the first light, proceed several km, then turn left on Ch.
Vanier, take the first left on Rue Deschenes, jog right on Rue John Gibeault,
then left on Rue Houle and drive to the boat launch at the end of the road.

ON side:  the DeschĂȘnes Lookout is at the western end of the Ottawa River
Parkway, west of the Woodroffe exit.

David Britton
Ottawa