HI all,

I did not "blow" into Point Edward until just after 4 today. I guess I missed Andrew at the same time due to all the commotion! Today was the most brutal wind I have ever experienced there.

My observations:
Brant Geese (6) --on the ground until dark right in front of my vehicle.
Parasitic Jaeger (juv) --a little before dark as it came in fairly close.
1 jaeger sp. (possibly above bird earlier, but not sure)
Red Phalarope (2) --seen several times, but I am confident of ID due to past experience.
Sanderling (~13)
Franklin's Gull (ad.) --well seen --saw it earlier but not sure at that time due to visibility
Thayer's Gull (ad.)
Black-legged Kittiwake (juv.) --knew it was there (Mike Bouman told me about it). I did not see it until almost dark as most birds came out of the river.
all three scoter species --lots of White-winged
several duck species.

It was incredible to see so many birds in such a brutal wind. Binoculars were well used the entire time. I expect tomorrow these birds and more will be around. No place to go!

Directions to Point Edward Lakewatch:  Find Front St. in Sarnia (along
river in downtown) and follow it north to St. Clair St. just past the 402
overpass.  Turn left on St. Clair St. and follow it to its very north end in
Point Edward past Michigan Ave.  Turn left on Victoria Ave. and go less than
two blocks to Fort St.  Turn right onto Fort St. and go to the parking lot
at the lake.

Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg, Chatham-Kent
boatmannATkentDOTnet