Ontbirders,

Lukian, Zakhar, and Danusia Husak and I just got in from a good afternoon of
birding.

The recently reported ROSS' GOOSE,  at the Lakefront Promenade in Mississauga,
was still present this afternoon at 3:30. It was feeding with 183 Canadas at
the fenced in baseball diamond near the lakefront.
We also had 3 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS right across the street in a small stand
of conifers. 2 males and 1 juv.

We then headed west to Oakville, to check for the purple sandpiper and the
harlequin ducks reported near the lake end of Arkendo Rd. While we were unable
to relocate the harlequins, the PURPLE SANDPIPER was present. It was east of
the creek mouth, about 100 feet of shore, sitting on a rock jutting out from
the water. It was present until dusk when we left the site.

Best,

Len Manning
Hamilton, ON

Directions to goose, courtesy of Andrew Keaveney-From lakeshore dr. in east end
Mississauga (east of Cawthra Rd.), take
Lakefront Promenade south, following the curve west and the bird is with
 many Canadas.
Directions to sandpiper courtesy of Luc Fazio- Arkendo Rd south of Lakeshore &
West of Winston Churchill { in
Oakville}  Drive to closest point to Lake Ontario on Arkendo Rd., walk
to lake, there view the lake easterly, past the mouth of Joshua Creek
toward the St. Lawrence Cement pier. { a scope is needed }