Hi Ontbirders:

The Northern Hawk Owl along Bowesville Road off Leitrim Road did not disappoint
early this afternoon.  It perched near the road for quite a bit of time
offering great views of it.  Earlier in the day, I saw one female Pine Grosbeak
perched along Grandview road as I drove by with windows rolled down.  Heard it
before I saw it.  A possible Northern Shrike at a feeder in the Shirley's Bay
area as I heard some squawking from the jays and then saw a shrike like bird
(brief fleeting glimpse) which hovered briefly before it flew away.  Thanks.

Northern Hawk Owl from today
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/147249753/original

W. Hum
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/some_recent_shots

Directions:
Courtesy of Kevin Hannah: Directions - from Hunt Club Rd, drive south on
Riverside Dr. until it turns into Limebank Rd. Turn east on Leitrim Rd. until
you come to Bowesville Rd (on right, immediately after passing the airport on
left). Turn south on Bowesville Rd, driving approximately 700-800 m south.