While birding on the west side of Prince Edward County, John Blaney and I found
an AMERICAN PIPIT near North Beach Provincial Park. The bird was travelling
with a small group of Dark-eyed Juncos and American Tree Sparrows and appeared
twice as the group moved from where they were initially seen, to the Park
beach, and then back again to where we were parked at the very end of County
Road 27 (North Beach Road). The pipit was feeding in an area of mowed grass
that had become bare of snow from the fierce winds off Lake Ontario.

>From 401 take Wooler Road to Carrying Place, then 12 km south to North Beach
>Road. Follow North Beach Road for 2 km to the very end. The bird was feeding
>in the grass to the right of the large building at the end of the road.

- Terry Sprague
Prince Edward County
613-476-5072