Hi Everyone

The 32nd Dunrobin,On-Breckenridge, P.Q. Christmas Bird Count took place on
January 5, 2013. Weather conditions varied from a very comfortable start  at
-4C while owling at 4:30a.m. to -9C  in the late afternoon. Throughout the day,
it varied from  sunny to partly cloudy with varying winds out of the west and
northwest before the compilation. In general many species were low in numbers
but participants at our compilation dinner were a record high!  I would like to
thank all field observers and feeder watchers for their great effort. This
year, a total of 52 species were recorded. The average is 51 species. Two new
species were added along with 4 record highs. Again, many thanks to everyone
who participated on the 32nd Annual Dunrobin-Breckenridge Christmas Bird Count.
I would like to thank my wife Laurie for preparing the wonderful post-count
supper!
Complete results will be posted on my blog tomorrow evening.

The following highlights were recorded.

New Species: Tufted Titmouse 1
                     Boreal Owl 1

This brings the overall total to 112 species in 32 yrs.

Record Highs: Previous highs are shown in parentheses, followed by the year.

Wild Turkey 487 (228, 2010)
Great Gray Owl 7 (6,2004)
White-throated Sparrow 3 (2, 1997)
Hoary Redpoll 8 ( 4,1986, 2007)